Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Musings and Thoughts

Heard someone on the bus today talking about how they had been prescribed vary pain killers by their doctors, but instead decided to go the Herbalist route....I do believe that we overmedicate and need to find natural causes, but at the same time I have much respect for the doctors and nurses of the world............And of course I am all for this Health care bill particularly if it can help the many uninsured and underinsured of the world, we all know this is a major problem for the Creative Class.........
Just like Transportation is also a major concern and earlier today I was talking to one of my Bus Driver associates and he was telling me that TTA may be taking over our local service, possibly having something to do with the rail they want to bring....if they can run it effectively this won't be a problem but according to my pal the drivers for them are paid less and are not unionized, and if this is the case then our Data drivers could be in trouble...also have to wonder if they will try to be more cost effective and reduce routes...Instead I would rather them increase them and maybe even go all day and night...hey I can wish.........
Didn't attend many cultural events this week as I was working at Hayti where Collage was practicing for their big show coming up and on Saturday I was here while a local church used the facility to install their pastor........Of course this meant I missed the Poetry slam at Blue coffee and Beyu but I heard both went well, and also missed another session of Playdate....of course the planning for Troika continues and know there is also planning beginning for the Juneteenth celebration for 2010 here in Durham...I will keep folks posted on all of this, but right now I'm outta....

No comments:

Post a Comment